The goal of the Telluride Education Foundation (TEF) Magnet Grant is to retain talented Teachers and Paraprofessionals who are dedicated to our students and to the community. To this end, selected recipients will receive financial assistance in areas where funds are not otherwise available. The total Magnet Grant Awards must fall within our anticipated fundraising goals.
Teacher & Paraprofessional Magnet Grant Application Guidelines
- TEF Magnet Grant awards are open to the Faculty of the Telluride School District based on expenses incurred during the 2022-2023 school year
- All questions regarding the application process should be sent to TEF before April 24th, 2023
- Grant Applications are due no later than April 30th, 2023. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted
- Applications should be submitted online using the secure form below. A confirmation will be emailed to you once your application is received by TEF
- Award recipients will be announced in May 2023
- Award checks will be distributed at the September 2023 TSD Board Meeting. Please plan to attend briefly to accept your check and participate in a photo opportunity
Magnet Grants – Teachers & Paraprofessionals may apply for one of the following categories each school year
- Master’s Degree – Applicants pursuing their Master’s Degree or Principal’s Certificate may be awarded funds covering a maximum of four semesters of coursework
- Housing Down Payment – One-time grant for the purchase of a first home in the Telluride R-1 School District
- Childcare – Expenses incurred during working hours for Pre-K children
- Commuting – Applicants living outside the Towns of Telluride and Mountain Village (outside the 81435 zip code)
- Training – Funding for alternative licensing and additional certifications
Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, the magnet grants have closed for the year.