Teacher Magnet Grant Application
The goal of the Telluride Education Foundation (TEF) Magnet Grant is to retain talented teachers who are dedicated to our students and to the community. To this end, selected recipients will receive financial assistance in areas where funds are not otherwise available. The total Magnet Grant Awards must fall within our anticipated fundraising goals.
Teacher Magnet Fund Application Guidelines
- TEF Magnet Grant awards are open to the Faculty of the Telluride School District based on expenses incurred during the 2018-2019 school year.
- Grant Applications are due no later than Weds. May 15th, 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Applications should be submitted online using the secure form below. A confirmation will be emailed to you once your application is received by TEF.
- Award recipients will be announced at the TSD Staff Recognition Party on May 24, 2019.
- Award checks will be distributed at the September 2019 TSD Board Meeting. Please plan to briefly attend this meeting and participate in this photo opportunity.
Magnet Grants – Faculty may apply for one of the following categories each school year
- Master’s Degree – Applicants pursuing their Master’s Degree or Principal’s certificate may be awarded funds covering a maximum of four semesters of coursework.
- Housing Down Payment – One time grant for the purchase of a first home in the Telluride R-1 School District.
- Childcare – Expenses incurred during working hours for Pre-K children and afternoon Kindergarten.
- Commuting – For teachers living outside the Towns of Telluride and Mountain Village.